GRANITE QUARRY, NC (WBTV) –
Posted: Apr 14, 2014 4:55 PM EST Updated: Apr 14, 2014 4:56 PM EST
Officials say a home explosion early Monday morning was caused when a fire spread to a building storing oxygen tanks.
The incident happened at a home on Railroad Street in Granite Quarry.
According to the Rowan County Fire Marshal’s Office, the fire started with the home and spread to a storage building that had oxygen tanks inside.
One of those tanks then exploded, officials said.
No one was injured, but four people were displaced because of the fire.
Aaron Youngblood with the RCFMO told WBTV that the fire is believed to have started outside a bedroom window, and that it was being ruled accidental.
Copyright 2014 WBTV. All rights reserved