SALISBURY – Teresa Knight may have her dog to thank for saving her life early on Sunday morning.
According to the report at the Rowan Sheriff’s Office, Knight was awakened by her dog at 4:00 am. As she got up to see what was wrong she discovered that the back of her mobile home was on fire. Knight called 911 while her boyfriend grabbed the garden hose and extinguished the flames.
The Fire Marshal was called and her report noted that there appeared to be a trail of kerosene that went from a door mat on the deck at the back door to the roof of the deck
The home is located in the Chez Charolais Mobile Home Park in northern Rowan County.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Investigator Adam Laughlin at 704-216-8686, or Salisbury Rowan Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639-5245.