SALISBURY – Bringing the farm to the school is the idea behind a special emphasis going on today at Knollwood Elementary School.
Special programs will be provided by many local and state partners for Knollwood parents and students as they gather together to focus on the importance of living and eating healthier.
Booths and activities will be sponsored by the following:
- The NC Department of Agriculture’s “NC Farm to School” Program (and Truck!)
- Novant Health Rowan Medical Center
- NC Farm Bureau
- Bread Riot
- Crunch a Color
- Mobile Farm Fresh of North Carolina
- Rowan-Salisbury Child Nutrition Department
- Rowan County Cooperative Extension Service
- Rowan County Health Department
- Healthy Solutions Unlimited
- Knollwood Elementary School
Student activities will begin at approximately 10:50 am with parent activities set to begin at approximately 12:00 noon.
“Please plan to attend and see firsthand how the Knollwood Elementary School families will learn easy techniques to cook, eat, live and be healthier in a fun and nutritional way,” Rowan Salisbury Schools Public Information Officer Rita Foil wrote in an email to WBTV.